Thứ Sáu, 26 tháng 10, 2012

Taboule ( Couscous Salad )


          I am on a two weeks trip to the US, we haven't yet completely moved back to India. I was checking in the pantry for something that'll make up for a light lunch and found this box of whole wheat couscous. While checking the packet, I found the recipe for this salad ( Taboule) on it, and since I had all the ingredients in hand, went ahead and made it. Try it, it's so easy, ready in minutes and very healthy too..

Need To Have

  • Couscous - 1/2 cup
  • Capsicum - 3 tablespoons chopped
  • Tomato - 1/2 chopped
  • Onion - 1/2 small chopped
  • Cooked Corn - 2 tablespoons
  • Chopped Walnuts - 2 tablespoon
  • Chopped Coriander - 2 tablespoons
  • Lemon Juice - 3 tablespoons
  • Olive Oil - 1 + 1/2 tablespoon
  • Salt - to taste
  • Ground Black Pepper - to taste

Method


          Take the couscous in a bowl, add 1/2 cup boiling water, the lemon juice and oil, mix, cover and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.


          Then fluff it with a fork, add the capsicum, tomatoes, onions, coriander, corn, walnuts, salt and pepper. Toss it all together and serve chilled ( keep in the refrigerator for 15 mins, I skipped this step, the salad was already cold).


Note
The original recipe called for 3 tablespoon of oil, which I felt was a little too much, so I reduced to one and a half tablespoon.
Also, there was no corn or walnuts in the original one, I added for the extra crunch.
And also the amount of boiling water added was only 1/4 cup, I added 1/2 cup, since I didn't want to eat undercooked couscous, and also I replaced parsley with coriander since I had that only in hand.

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét