Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 9, 2012

Creamy Tomato Soup

I made this soup tonight and it was absolutely FABULOUS- I wish I could jump out of the computer screen and make it for you.  We seriously loved it and it was so incredibly easy to put together.  In fact, I decided to make it very last minute and had to make something that I had all of the ingredients for already and this was it.  Even Tessa lapped this up...I'm so glad I came across this recipe- its definitely going in the regular rotation.

google images
Creamy Tomato Soup
Adapted from allrecipes.com

1 (29-oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (10.5-oz.) can chicken broth
2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. chopped onion
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups heavy whipping cream (or milk, if you want something lighter)
Cooked Pasta, of your choosing and amount (optional- see below)

In a large pot, mix all ingredients together, except heavy cream and pasta.  Bring to a simmer and leave it simmering for one hour.  Near the end of the hour, in a double boiler (or glass bowl over a small saucepan), heat the heavy cream until hot- do NOT boil or it will scorch.  Add desired spices to your soup (I sprinkled some dried basil and salt- you can use whatever you prefer). Once cream is heated through, add to soup.  I blended my soup in a blender at this point, b/c I knew my kids weren't going to like chunks of tomatoes- this is optional.  Then, stir in cooked pasta and serve.
*Adding pasta is optional- I added it so it would be more kid-friendly and it worked.  My kids loved this dish, and it was more hearty and filling that way.  You can add as much or as little as you like.



Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét